Date: Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Subject: Diverse City – Three Saturdays – Awareness, Fellowship and Next Meeting! Hello Diverse City Civitans and friends of Civitan! We have four great opportunities on the next three Saturdays! Opportunities to meet and greet people and help us recruit new members, an opportunity to meet Civitans from three other local Civitan clubs, a community event and our next social/ meeting.
- Saturday, April 21st 11:00am to 6:00pm – Join Rick Passo and Mark Eisinger and President Julia Thomas and others for the Festival of Communities. We will share a table and tell others about our great Civitan Club right across the street from UNLV! Please RSVP with two hour shift(s) by email or call Mark at 702-524-4636.
Festival of Communities also celebrates many other unique aspects of life in the Las Vegas Valley with booths featuring:
Date: April 21, 2012 Time: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Location: University of Nevada Las Vegas
– Local Hand Made Crafts (Non-Commercial local craft artisans only) – Art (painters, photographers, etc.)
– Sustainability Efforts (Gardening, green technology, etc.). – A Farmers Market
– Non-Profit Volunteer Organizations
- Saturday, April 28th 1:45pm to 5:00pm – Area 3 Social Gathering – Meet Civitans from Civitan Accelerated, Henderson Civitan Club, Lovely Ladies Civitan Club an Diverse City at Springs Preserve! Members, non-members and guests receive group discounted price at Springs Preserve and participate in a Scavenger Hunt! Arrive at 1:45pm to meet the group and receive the group rate. Please RSVP to me by email or call me at 702-524-4636.
- Saturday and Sunday, April 28th and 29th – Greener Block Experience (Las Vegas Downtown) – visit and witness the transformation of an old downtown block into a greener better block, see details below *. www.greenersblock.com
- Saturday, May 5th, Mark your calendars for the next social meeting of the Diverse City Civitan Club at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf across from UNLV – Social 10:00am; Meeting from 10:30am to 11:30am – Please join us, bring a friend. Tell your friends about this great Civitan Club and the great service it provides to our community. Join the discussion! We are going to continue our plans about a community garden for our club to tend to. ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
- WHERE: 1000 block of South Main Street, downtown
- WHAT: For two days, a block where half of the storefronts are vacant will be transformed with musical performances, an organic grocery, boutique store, community classroom, dog park, yoga classes and more.
- COST: The pop-up shops will be selling food and goods. All of the events and admission are free.