Social Ent Coalition
The Social Enterprise Coalition is the UK's national body for social enterprise
The Social Enterprise Coalition represents a wide range of social enterprises, regional and national support networks and other related organisations. We believe that social enterprise is the right way to do business and we work with our members to:
- Promote the benefits of social enterprise through the media, campaigningand events.
- Promote best practice amongst social enterprises through networks and publications. A key part of the Coalition's work is to enable social enterprises to share know how, network and do business. We publish a range of case studies, 'how to' guides and training materials.
- Inform the policy agenda working with key decision makers. Our aim is to improve the operating environment for social enterprise by advising government, informing consultations and hosting policy events.
- We influence politicians across the political spectrum, generating support for social enterprise. Political engagement has been the bedrock of the Coalition's work in promoting social enterprise and in pushing the issue up the policy agenda.
- Undertake research to expand the social enterprise evidence base.
Our vision is for social enterprise to be widely recognised and accepted as a successful business model, leading to a thriving and entrepreneurial social enterprise sector trading in order to fulfil social purposes.
Our mission is to be the voice of social enterprise, through being a progressive, authoritative body that brings together all types of social enterprises in the UK.
- Promote the benefits of social enterprise through the media, campaigning and events
Promote best practice amongst social enterprises through networks and publications
Inform the policy agenda working with key decision makers
Keep up to date and in line with current policy and practice
Engage in intelligent networking and providing accurate information
Consult with members and other stakeholders to develop our views, activities and areas of focus
Build the social enterprise evidence base
Be a dynamic organisation, challenging the status quo and adopting new ways of doing things
Be professional, true and reliable
http://www.gk1world.com [Gawad Kalinga, tagalog for "to give care"]