Door 102 Jose R. Martinez Bldg
Fuente Osmena Blvd (near Maybank)
Cagayan de Oro:
Door 108 Ground Floor
De Leon Plaza Bldg
Yacapin cor. Velez Sts
4th Level, Nagaland E-Mall,
Naga City, Camarines Sur
Door 1 SUM Bldg. 29 San Jose St.
Cogon District, Tagbilaran City
Hey, thanks for stopping by! This is my fan page for everything Fair Trade in the Philippines. Fair Trade means environment and people friendly products for both the buyers and the producers. So, don't just buy… BUY JUST!
10 Principles of Fair Trade: 1. Creating opportunities for marginalized and disadvantaged producers
2. Providing fair wages and fair prices
3. Supporting safe, healthy and participatory workplaces
4. Building the capacity of producers and their workers
5. Ensuring environmental sustainability
6. Ensuring public accountability and transparency
7. Building direct, long-term relationships with producers
8. Eliminating child labor
9. Promoting gender equity
10. Promoting Fair Trade. Learn more about Fair Trade: http://www.apfti.org.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=9&Itemid=18 Where to buy fair trade: http://www.apfti.org.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=29 Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/FairTradePH For Fair Trade blogs and event snapshots: www.apfti.multiply.com
+63 (02) 454-4744
|Fair Trade Principles|
1. Creating Opportunities for Disadvantaged Producers
2. Capacity Building of Producers and their Workers
3. Promoting Fair Trade
4. Promoting Gender Equity
5. Payment of a Fair Price and Fair Wages
6. Safe and Healthy Working conditions
7. No Child Labor
8. Protecting the Environment
9. Fair Trade Relations
10. Ensuring Accountability and Transparency
Creating Opportunities for Disadvantaged Producers: Fair trade allows small businesses to have access to market opportunities and capacity building.
Transparency and Accountability: Fair trade involves transparent management and commercial relations to deal fairly and respectfully with trading partners.
Capacity Building: Fair trade aims to develop entrepreneurs’ independence by improving their product, management skill, production and marketing competence.
Promoting Fair Trade: Fair Trade raises public awareness on fair trade products, principles and policies, educating consumers about the significance of purchasing fairly traded products, and lobbying to policy makers for better trade conditions.
Gender Equity: Fair Trade values the contributions of women and men. It upholds the principle of equal pay for equal work of equal value.
Payment of a Fair Price: Fair Trade promotes the payment of a price that covers the real cost of production. A fair price attributes appropriate value to labor and allows producers to improve their business and support community projects.
Safe and Healthy Working Conditions: Fair trade ensures safe and healthy working conditions for producers and workers. Sufficient sanitation, ventilation, lighting, clean drinking water, and first-aid should be present and available at the workplace.
No Child Labor: Fair Trade advances the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. It upholds and promotes children’s right to survive; to develop to the fullest; to be protected from harmful influences, abuse and exploitation; and to participate fully in family, cultural and social life.
Environmental Protection: Fair Trade encourages the use of renewable, sustainable and organic materials and energy in production and the application of environmentally responsible practices in production.
Trade Relations: Fair Trade Organisations trade with concern for the social, economic and environmental condition of small producers and do not maximise profit at their expense. They ensure fair and advance payments and it builds long-term relationships.