03/01/2011 – 03:37am
Do you want to be like Uzumaki Naruto? or even Gary Valenciano? or Atom Araullo? or a Baicon Macaraya or even a Robin Pettyfer? Well now is your chance to be a Peace Warrior by joining "I INSPIRE: The PeaceTech Casual Project".
- REGISTER at www.peacetech.net
- We want you to FOCUS on the topic "HOW CAN WE PROMOTE PEACE?"
- SHARE a video, article, blog post, art work, proposal, or music of the topic under MY OPINION and include THE PROJECT you are thinking stating information about the project you want to do and the details on how it can be done.
- An entry with photos and videos will be given additional credit.
- SEND YOUR ARTICLE/BLOG LINK to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share it on FaceBook and ask your friends to share it too.
WHAT TO GET?
- A chance to PUT YOUR IDEA INTO REALITY.
- P10,000 worth of funding to start the project with the help of PeaceTech. There will be TWO (2) WINNERS, one from Manila and one from Mindanao.
- Those who attended any PeaceTech Mass Videoconference
- Participants of the PeaceTech Classroom Videoconference
- PeaceTech Ambassadors
- Fans and members of the PeaceTech Community Page.
Imagine if we could give people from different backgrounds the opportunity to speak with one another, live, on giant screens! Just maybe it would reduce ignorance, promote understanding and ultimately, lessen conflict!
PeaceTech is a non-profit organization that builds peace among the world’s youth. PeaceTech’s programs include the following:
a) High-school classes in partnership with the Department of Education;
b) Videoconferences between Muslim and non-Muslim youth in Southeast Asia;
c) PeaceTech’s youth movement called “PeaceTech Embassy;”
d) Workshops and;
e) the PeaceTech online community: www.peacetech.net . PeaceTech recognizes the need to promote an understanding of the causes and consequences of conflicts in the Philippines and the common challenges young Filipinos face. Our goal is to build understanding among the youth throughout the Philippine archipelago.
PeaceTech's mission is to promote the use of technology and dialogue in building respect and understanding between groups of people. Through the use of technology to bring people from different groups together across large distances, we build bridges of understanding, reduce ignorance, and ultimately, lessen conflict.